16 August 2012

Car Hire in Pefkos

First-time care hire

During our first few days in Rhodes I'd had an internal dialog that went a bit like this:
I've never driven a left-hand-drive car before – will I be able to manage the gears with my right hand if I do rent a car? On the other hand I'm used to cycling on the right-hand side of the road, and even rented a quad bike to explore Zakynthos less than two years ago.

Although I'm in my 50s I only learnt to drive about 10 years ago and had serious doubts about renting a left-hand-drive car in Rhodes. Then one day (13 June) it occurred to me that an automatic car might be the solution.

We checked out a few of the car-hire firms in Pefkos and either they didn't have an automatic, they had already rented out their only automatic, or they seemed too expensive and I'd have to think it over. Then on our way back to the Stella Hotel we realised there was another firm we hadn't tried which was right next door. Marathon Rent A Car had a lovely wee Renault 105 (see pic) which we could rent for three days for €110. Perfect! We arranged to pick it up early the next day and bought a road map.


Related Posts

First Morning at Stella Hotel, Pefkos
7th of June in the afternoon, Pefkos, Rhodes
Pefkos Beaches

2 comments:

  1. I really like your writing style. You mention some good and valuable points in this content. Really helpful in car hire

    ReplyDelete