06 July 2012

Introduction

I'd like to share some of the adventures (and occasional misadventures) my wife Genie and I have experienced during our holidays. I'll be going back as far as 1992 when we were in Sicily at the time that Italy withdrew from the ERM, when we couldn't get our cash changed into the local currency and ended up having to sleep rough. Given the current Euro crisis, that seems as good a place as any to begin our virtual timeline.

Along the way I'll be showing some of Genie's photos and the occasional video I made during our travels. I'll be relying heavily on my scribbled diaries and Genie's photographic evidence for the earlier tales, and will cover trips made to Hungary, Nicaragua, Tunisia, and hopefully more locations if I can find the relevant film negatives and travelogs.

To begin with, though, I'll be writing about our most recent holiday on the Greek island of Rhodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment